I was talking to my sister yesterday. My windows were open, letting the night breeze waft in. I was just walking around (between my fridge, the cookie jar and the table... yeah, I'm a night snacker!) when I felt something staring at me. I looked up to the window above the fridge and sure enough, there were 2 glowing, freaky eyes. After my heart calmed down I realized it was just a cat peering into my basement suite.. probably interested in talking to MY cat (who at the time was completely oblivious and very cute... as always). It creeped me out so much that even though I knew it was just a cat watching me, I had to close all the windows and blinds and suffer in the stifling summer humid air all night.
Speaking of summer humid air.. I noticed that my butter melts if I leave it on the counter in my house... MELTS! ugh.. heat.
I wish we could pick our sixth sense. You could pick from a plethora of extra senses... like the Alien Sense (you could sense if the person you were talking to was actually an alien) or the Organic Sense (you could sense if a food is organic or processed) oh, and the Food Sense (sensing which plants and other things around you could be eaten... this would be useful if you were starving), the Gossip Sense (are people talking about you behind your back?). You'd have to throw in some standards like Business Sense or Common Sense or Money Sense (or Cents.. ha ha). The possibilities are really endless. Maybe that's why we don't get a choice. We just have our standard five and the rest are hit and miss. I do think I'd like the Alien Sense... it might come in handy...
1 comment:
Sheryl,
You're so funny. You must be an alien! :)
And remember, you're not supposed to complain about the summer!
-Jo
Post a Comment