
How is my life like a perogy, you ask? Well.. I'm making this up as I go along, so your guess is as good as mine... I've had perogies for supper the last 2 days. 2 of my favourite kinds too: cottage cheese filled and saskatoon berry filled. Both with delicious cream gravy over top. I love eating that stuff...
Okay, but I did say my "life" was like a perogy... so how does that work...? I was thinking sort of along the lines that perogies are meant to be filled, right? Sometimes they are filled with sweet things and sometimes with salty things but the wrapping is all the same. The important part about them is that they still taste good either way. I need to be like that. Jesus has called me to fill myself with whatever is good, whatever is true, whatever is lovely... those things are the sweet things. He also calls us to be the "salt of the earth" and to speak to those hard things in life and to love when others don't; to be useful in building each other up and keeping my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ accountable. Those are the salty things. I suppose, if I'm going to wallow in the perogy analogy, the best kind of perogy, according to the bible (I wonder if Jesus ever tasted anything like a perogy), would be the sweet saskatoon berry perogy with salty, buttery cream gravy all over it. A healthy dose of each taste sensation.
I like being a perogy.... is anyone hungry yet? (Dunn, do you even know what a perogy is??)

5 comments:
umm...perogies...I'm hungry! But seriously its actually a really good analogy. I will have to ponder on that some more. thanks!
Ummmm...yeah, we have perogies.
WOW! That was deep and metaphrical! I love it!
I love perogies and I haven't had the sweet filling kind in forever. You are welcome at my place any time and I mean ANYTIME if you bring berry filled perogies.
My man has never tried them and doesn't beleive me that they rock!
You're a perogy
hee hee
That's one of my favorite anaolgies ever. Can i be a perogy too!?
I'm also glad to know that someone else realizes that saskatoons are a perfectly perfect filling for perogies. Everyone looks at me funny when I mention it here...at least I think that's why they're looking at me funny...
Post a Comment