I'm in love... with the airconditioner in my office. Summer is actually really hard for me. I don't like heat. I like the cold. I like winter. I like snow. I like dressing in layers. I like curling up in my freezing cold basement suite with my cat and a blanket and drinking hot chocolate. I do really love spring and the smell of wet dirt. I do really like fall and the cool, crisp evenings and the blaze of colours before the leaves fall off the trees. But summer, I could definately do without. Is there a place in this world that is consistently fall temperature? or spring smelling? Please let me know. Maybe I should move in with Heather in Kenya up on her mountainside. It seems like the perfect place there... she even gets a fireplace for the cold months! Lucky... But, I will not complain. I know that I do get frustrated in the winter when I have to plug in my car or when it slips on the ice. I do get frustrated when I CAN'T go outside because it's too cold. I've even asked Lisa to turn up the thermostat a couple of times in the winter.. so I can't complain when it's too warm, can I?
Lately, though (if I can complain one more time) the worst part about summer is the tan lines. You can be out for a couple of hours or sometimes even just a few minutes, and you have a farmer tan or a weird bathingsuit tan or a tank top tan and a sandal tan... and then you get into your favourite sunday dress or you wear a different bathingsuit and it looks FUNNY! I hate that.
So... in conclusion... here are some fantastic things about summer (yes, I'm trying to change my attitude):
- Ice Cream
- The Lake
- Fishing
- Canoeing
- Flip Flops
- Spitz
- Saskatoon Berries and Strawberries

7 comments:
I love summer. I hate winter. It's like we are POLAR opposites. Boo erns. Complain about that yo.
Haha... j/k, but in all honesty - the hotter it is, the happier I am usually. I get excited to sit in the sun and feel my skin turning a luxurious shade of bronze (or let's be honest... at least ridding me of my sickly palor of white). I get excited to wear (as modestly as possible) the least amount of clothes possible. I love swimming. I love canoeing. I love jogging outdoors in the evenings. I love frogs. I love playing catch; don't you!? I love fruit. I love the smell of grass being cut. I love walk in the cool night breeze with a good friend and a deep convo. I love camping. I love I love I love... the list could go on and on and on and on and on......
I'm with you Sheryl. Fall is where it's at and I hate being hot. Hate it. Which is why... I also love air conditioning. Ahhhhh...
I am with you...I like summer but I don't love it!! I am a fall girl...I love jeans and a nice comfy sweater and the need to still wear my sunglasses...perfect that is! I like that you can do almost all the great summer things in fall but not end up feeling sticky....thanks for the air conditioning you are making my life so much better!
Germany is the answer =)
Here it's not hot everyday ... and in between some hot days, there are some rainy days. It would be perfect for you for sure! =)
well sheryl, i would fully disagree with ya, summer is the real answer, i love the heat, the tanning on the beach when camping, the hiking, the gorgeous sunsets over the mountains(well in Bc anyways) heck in summer you can dress practically naked the whole time and not get cold, what a better way to live than that, sure i do end up wearing longjohns a lot of the summer as well but maybe thats why i love summer so much, i am in -25 weather all the time so being outside in the hottt sun is such a nice change from the freezer:). well i love the summer
I love the blog but I have to say I love summer!!:) seriously, I love summer!! I have been trying to convince God that he put me in the wrong city/province/country:)lol love the entry.
Silly Sheryl,
Summer is so awesome!Here are some things that make it great:
1) CAMP!
(i can't believe you've already forgotten all those years of camp, camp, camp)
2) No School (which really doesn't mean much to me now other than a quicker drive to work every morning - way less traffic! I love it!)
3) It's so much more fun eating ice cream!
4) Swimming, skiing, boating, fishing - all those water sports you just can't do in the winter (except maybe swimming but then there's chlorine involved. blech!)
5) Wearing all those cool summer clothes (because those things just last years and years)
6) The fact that we really only get 2 good months of it (and most people wait all year long for those two months!)
7) The green green green!
8) Garden Peas
9) Getting fresh air every day
10) Getting off work early because your boss feels sorry for making you work when he's out golfing (Im hoping this happens today!! :)
So, have I convinced you to like summer again? Don't worry about the tan lines - everyone's got them :)
Post a Comment