I keep forgetting to update this thing. Or, more accurately, I think about it when I'm away from my computer or when I'm working. I plan to update it during my break or after work or when I see my computer during non-work hours and then I end up.. well, not doing that. Until now. Things are changing... haha.
I led singing in church this morning and I think God smiled on me becuase it seemed to go really well. At least, I felt it went really well. I used Isaiah 55 (various verses.. not in order, but not taken out of context:) and matched songs with the words. I've thought about Isaiah 55 for a few days now. You should check it out here. After church, a friend came up to me and said "I always think of the juicy fruit commercials when you lead singing with your guitar. It makes me laugh!".... sigh. So much for leading others in worship :)
I've also realized recently, that scheduling my life is a nightmare. I have three calendars and can't seem to synchronize them all. I think this comes from a number of issues.. mental issues that I am confident enough to admit to.
#1. I'm a procrastinator (thanks to my two role models in life, my mother and my sister Heather.. haha.. okay, and due to lack of planning and organization. It can't be all them because my other sister, Joanne, turned out very organized and planned and very NOT procrastinator-like).
#2. I'm messy. I have a messy desk and when things come up, I write them into whatever calendar is open at the time or sometimes things don't even get written into a calendar, they just get written on a piece of paper.. which, of course, doesn't help one whit.
#3. Technology. I am (as admitted numerous times) addicted to the internet. However, sometimes I have no access to the internet (like at Fundraising Committee meetings in Blaine Lake.. or really any kind of event in Blaine Lake). One of my main calendars.. actually THE main calendar that I use is on the internet. Google Calendar. It's wonderful to use when I'm sitting at my desk or in front of Future Shop on the road somewhere.. but at home in Blaine Lake? That is the confusion. Lots of things happen in Blaine Lake. Lots of things get planned. Take for example, the Fundraising Committee meeting that I (yes, I) planned for Tuesday night. Unfortunately, I already have a prior commitment. But I didn't notice until just now as I sat down at my desk to update my blog. Wow. Look how easy technology has made my life.
I led singing in church this morning and I think God smiled on me becuase it seemed to go really well. At least, I felt it went really well. I used Isaiah 55 (various verses.. not in order, but not taken out of context:) and matched songs with the words. I've thought about Isaiah 55 for a few days now. You should check it out here. After church, a friend came up to me and said "I always think of the juicy fruit commercials when you lead singing with your guitar. It makes me laugh!".... sigh. So much for leading others in worship :)
I've also realized recently, that scheduling my life is a nightmare. I have three calendars and can't seem to synchronize them all. I think this comes from a number of issues.. mental issues that I am confident enough to admit to.
#1. I'm a procrastinator (thanks to my two role models in life, my mother and my sister Heather.. haha.. okay, and due to lack of planning and organization. It can't be all them because my other sister, Joanne, turned out very organized and planned and very NOT procrastinator-like).
#2. I'm messy. I have a messy desk and when things come up, I write them into whatever calendar is open at the time or sometimes things don't even get written into a calendar, they just get written on a piece of paper.. which, of course, doesn't help one whit.
#3. Technology. I am (as admitted numerous times) addicted to the internet. However, sometimes I have no access to the internet (like at Fundraising Committee meetings in Blaine Lake.. or really any kind of event in Blaine Lake). One of my main calendars.. actually THE main calendar that I use is on the internet. Google Calendar. It's wonderful to use when I'm sitting at my desk or in front of Future Shop on the road somewhere.. but at home in Blaine Lake? That is the confusion. Lots of things happen in Blaine Lake. Lots of things get planned. Take for example, the Fundraising Committee meeting that I (yes, I) planned for Tuesday night. Unfortunately, I already have a prior commitment. But I didn't notice until just now as I sat down at my desk to update my blog. Wow. Look how easy technology has made my life.
Oh right. On a side note: I just dyed my hair yesterday. I rather like the colour. AND it's been a while since I posted a self-portrait here!!

1 comment:
Your hair looks good. Get a pocket calander would yah!
Post a Comment