Thursday, August 09, 2007

PERSPECTIVE

I got a new perspective on things today. I really like it when God works that way. When I've been thinking of something one way for a long time and then there's this little (or big) "aha!" moment.

We were talking about a family who is in need of prayer after an accident. There are so many things that happen after something like that and we tend to look at the physical difficulties that come up. Sure, they are an issue... people have to adjust to a new way of life for a little while or for the rest of their lives..

I was reminded then that God looks at the heart and not the physical. I mean, I know that He cares deeply about our well-being and that we are healthy or sick or whatever. Our physical disposition contributes so much to our emotional and, often, our spiritual attitude. But in the reality of it... in God's reality, our souls are the important thing. We should be thinking... "Someone is sick... how is their soul?"

We are taught to minister to the physical in this world and not the spiritual. But which is more important? In the grand scheme of things, the spiritual is far more important. How can I more effectively minister to that part of people around me? Just as things look good on the outside, how do I see the inside and meet them there?

Just a new perspective.

1 comment:

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Thanks...that is a good reminder.