My water bottle smells like a pig barn. Does that mean that my breath smells that way? Is it the small molecules of stinkiness that stay on the lid and when I put the cap back on, they stale-ize and morphosize until the entire bottle is smellified by stinkiness? Most likely. I need to buy more gum, apparently.. or brush my teeth more often...
I am back in my homeland... er... sort of. I'm back at Winkler Bible Camp and it really, truly does feel like I'm back home... although I'm sitting in the speakers' suite (which is kind of funny to me that it is called the speakers' suite because I used to know it as Walter and Mel's "house" and then as Ester's "house") and I just volunteered for some kitchen duty whereas the last time I was working here, I was assigned to those sorts of things. So, things have changed a little. I admit, though, that I like the changes to a certain extent. It is fabulous to come back and be on familiar ground again, but it's also fabulous that I get to go back to Hepburn after and be in that - my TRUE homeland... actually, my "home and native land".
I even saw the horses from afar. Tomorrow I will go down there and re-introduce myself to them. My brother has assured me that they will remember who I am even though I haven't seen them in approximately 14 months. I am confident that they will remember and treat me with the deference I deserve...
Have I told you about the Bud's Adventure stories? They have been working wonders this year during my camp speaking adventures. I love how I can't even really take any credit for them because it hardly seems possible that I could have come up with something that has lasted me two years. Someone else must have written them and I just copied them down. Anyway, I thought I would show you one of my favourite pics from the series:

4 comments:
Hi! Hmmm...running through a dishwasher might help with the nalgene. Or perhaps getting a new one (although you'd hate to contribute to our disposable society!). Do you think Brad Pitt has the same issue with his nalgene?
haha, Dunn... I don't think so.. although, I read a magazine once that told me celebrities were JUST LIKE US!!!
I heard that Brad Pitt has bad B.O. I don't want to believe it, though!
I don't really think we needed to know quite so much about your stinky water bottle! Try vinegar! That's the cure-all!
I totally forgot about Bud's Adventures! That's great that he's still alive and well. And how exciting that a ringette camper accepted Christ!
Post a Comment