Saturday, August 18, 2007

I've been feeling like I don't have anything exciting to write about. Hence, the lack of new blog posts. However, in truth my life has been fairly exciting. I just can't seem to capture it in words that are worthy of the experience of living it. I'll try though... I'll really try...

I just got back from an incredible week at Redberry Bible Camp. I had the priviledge of speaking to a group of 10-12 year olds that were pretty excited to learn about God. The thing that I like best about camp speaking is that it often seems like I get to spend the entire day immersed in God's word. I find that it is easier to prepare chapel talks while I'm there where I can gauge the "crowd" and try to speak to that age group or to the climate of the week (not that I'm saying I do a great job of connecting, but it seems to work better this way). This means, though, that I work my butt off when I'm at camp and spend hours pouring over scripture and stories and thinking my brains out about what to say during chapel times. It's fairly exhausting... but, like I said, it's great to be immersed in God's word practically all day long. I guess I remember that "high" from back when I was full time camp staff. During the week the focus is on evangelism... on truly living out what we believe; truly being lovers of God and seekers of His truth. We know that there are many little eyes following our every move and we strive even harder to maintain the relationship between what we say and what we do.

It's harder in the "real world". It's harder to sit at my desk and work at paperwork or on organizing a trip and to still maintain that what I'm doing is truly significant. To make sure that every action I make is in step with the Holy Spirit. To ensure that how I work exudes Christ-likeness.

So I pray (right now) that this "real world" won't overtake me. That the truth of living in the Spirit wouldn't escape me as I sit at my desk. Like I talked about this last week in chapel, my circumstances may change, but God is the same yesterday, today and forever. He will never change.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you on this one Sheryl. It's tough to go through the daily routine with the same attitude and spirit we have in good times like camp or whatever. But... I think God is most honored when we strive to treasure Him and make Him known in the "normal" day-to-day life. That's part of what it is to live by faith eh?

Heather said...

Those camps are so lucky to have you, Sheryl! I'm sure your energy and focus are a blessing to them and I know the kids love you! Have fun in Winkler!

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog. We are actually done camp today! Who hoo!!! Hope your Friday goes well. Miss ya!

highestform said...

Hey Sheryl! Can I add you to my links? I didn't realize you had a blog!