I would like to know if anyone out there is "observing" lent and what are you doing to observe it?
A couple of years ago, I decided that instead of giving up something like chocolate or coffee or something like that (which is what I usually do), I would use my lunch time to fast and pray. I did this with my friend Kelly and I still remember some very significant moments of sitting together, not talking to each other but listening or talking to God.
Shrove Tuesday is tomorrow which means that Lent begins on Wednesday of this week. I'm looking for another creative idea like that or for someone to keep me accountable to giving up a bit of time. Any takers?
2 comments:
I have never done lent before but I am in the middle of a year of right sacrifice and I am not doing so hot.
I am trying to focus TIME, so your post caught my eye, focusing on learning how to best give time to God... not out of doing but being, if that makes sense?
Anyhow, right now I am trying to make a practice of when I am thankful or upset IMMEDIATELY dropping to my knees and praying about it. It is kind of exciting! It forces me to really put my all before the Lord.
Perhaps I should make this my lent thing and it will become habit by the end...
Enjoy you being in blog land again Sheryl!
i was wondering about combining a lenten reflection with your artmaking idea? lets talk about that... but in the meantime, keep note of thoughts that could be creatively expressed as you observe lent...
:)
love ya.
k
Post a Comment