Okay, so it's been almost an entire week since I blogged last. That's very bad. I really want to keep this up - especially since I am getting so many encouraging blog comments (thanks especially to Paul & Brendan).
I just wanted you to know that I successfully made 2 slow cooker items this week. One was Easy Chicken Cacciatore (which I added rice too that turned out a little mushy, but the chicken itself and the spices were marvelous). The second, was chocolate cake in sauce. It's a version of my mom's Summer/Winter dessert which is my FAVOURITE. You serve it hot over vanilla ice cream. Yum.
I felt like I was in a circus this morning. I was at work (I work in a high school library, if you didn't know) and the IT guys came in to update the computers. There were a number of students on the computers at the time, so I politely asked the IT guys which computers they would need and which ones the students could be at. We got it all straightened out. So, I told the students which computers to sit at and it was good... until a couple more students walked in the door and sat at the "no-use" computers. That's okay, I thought. I'll just tell them to move. So I did. Next thing I know, there's a teacher in there telling the students to move somewhere else. I went up to her and explained what was going on and which computers were for what. Oh, she said. Ok. However, the next time I looked over at her, she was AGAIN moving students from one set of computers to the next. I went over again and explained to her which computers were to be used and which ones weren't. As I was talking with her, one of the students stood up from the computer to go (there were a few other students waiting to use the limited number of computers now available to them). The teacher turned abruptly to him and said (in a rather loud and angry voice) "Where are YOU going??" Of course, the student froze and stammered "I - I - I don't really need the computer." The teacher said again "Well, where are you going??" Again the student responded in the same way. I said "Thank you for letting others use the computer." after which the teacher took "control" and said "You are a very kind young man to let others use the computers. You are an example to everyone." Oh gosh.
Anyway, my memory of the event is of students jumping from one computer to the next with this teacher in the middle conducting the odd dance with an air of bravado and complete confusion all at once. I admit that at the time I was thoroughly frustrated, but in retrospect, the whole affair was rather funny. It's also funny to think about the IT guys witnessing the entire thing. They are new to our school. I hope they stay!
I hope everyone has a great weekend. Enjoy the reading. Happy Superbowl Sunday :)
3 comments:
Lol, oh boy... brings back memories of high-school! I couldn't work in one! Couldn't go back in any form! You are very brave!
Im SOOO glad your S/W dessert turned out for you - I certainly had my doubts, but maybe I'll try it for Sunday dinner sometime!!
The chocolate cake was delicious! Thanks btw!
Post a Comment