Saturday, November 20, 2010

Just one more...

Shortbread. I obviously have not mastered shortbread yet. It turned out ok, but I burnt the first pan of cookies - too thin. Bah.

The dough looked good!


All ready to roll out and cut (that's my makeshift cookie cutter on the left - it's the insert into the lid of my blender!)

Looking good - before baking...

TOO THIN! ARGH! Burnt shortbread is the WORST!

I didn't complete the shortbread yet, so you don't get a finished product picture. I'll try to get them finished for tomorrow! To be continued...


1 comment:

Mac an Rothaich said...

Not sure what type of shortbread you are making, I always make the Scottish kind that really only has four ingredients and instead of cutting the cookies out like you did (it is a lot of work) I simply dump the batter into a cookie pan with an edge to it and then pat it out and cut it into rectangles with a knife right after taking it out of the oven, then I let it cool on the pan before removing. Found it an easy cop-out.