
I know I've said this before, but I truly love what I see in my home church (Blaine Lake). I haven't been there since probably January, but on Tuesday I was invited to come and "MC" a youth concert that had been planned (by one of the youth!).
What I saw in those few hours just reminded me again of how I can really see God at work in that place. I can really see Jesus among the "family" of people that meets in that building. I see people coming from a variety of life experiences. I see these people not ashamed or made to feel ashamed, but welcomed and made a part of the group whether or not they look and act "perfect" or "right". I see older generations mixing with the younger generations and encouraging each other. I see people that are willing to support one another even if it's not their "style". I see charity in the over-full food donation bins.
I know that sometimes I have gone to church for the program; to sing the songs that I know to the beat that I like. But I know that there is no heart bigger than the one that resides in the church body of the Blaine Lake Gospel Chapel. Here you will be welcomed and embraced, fawned over and asked to participate.
What a fabulous example of what God intended church to be!
1 comment:
What a wonderful blessing going home is... home to parents and home to a church community you have know for so long:)
Post a Comment