Thursday, December 25, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS!


I woke up this morning with a big grin on my face! It's Christmas!!

I actually had the chance to be awake at the very beginning of Christmas day. If you haven't already heard, I've changed jobs recently. I am not working at Bethany anymore but have been hired at the Saskatoon airport as a Customer Service Agent.. a job that I am ABSOLUTELY loving at the moment. I had a late night shift yesterday and at precisely 12:04am I walked out of the airport customs to greet Christmas "morning" 2008!

I drove to Blaine Lake this morning to spend Christmas day with my parents and Heather. On the way from Saskatoon I was listening to "Sounds of the Season" on 98.3FM and it was making me quite emotional. I saw a lot of wildlife along the way and just couldn't stop smiling! What a beautiful day! I was suddenly shocked by a bright pink glow and looked in my rearview mirror to see the most amazing sunrise:

My camera doesn't do it justice but the colours were so bright! I went a little crazy with the camera then and took a couple more pictures of the landscape. I always get a little sentimental when I drive this highway. As soon as I cross the Petrofka bridge, I feel like I'm home!


Next on this day, I arrived home and after lugging all my bags and boxes full of christmas gifts into the house, dad and mom, Heather and I sat down in the livingroom. As always, we started with the Christmas story before handing out gifts. I love Christmas at home! In the next few days, we get to celebrate Christmas a couple more times with different "sets" of family. There is no feeling like the one that permeats this season! I love it!
All the presents to be given!
Dad reading the Christmas story.
This was my present from mom & dad! Dad bought and wrapped it all. It was a toolbox FULL of tools! Just what I asked for! Thanks mom & dad!!!

One of Heather's presents: Beethoven's Complete set of Sonatas

Beethoven looking on approvingly in Christmas regalia!
Mom enjoying the morning!
The last part of my toolbox present! A cordless drill! Now I can give back all dad's tools...
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!










3 comments:

Mac an Rothaich said...

Lovely post:) Glad you had such a nice holiday! So excited for you about your new job. I asked for a new tool kit too! I have the tools already but they are all stored in a 'Hard Days Night' Beetles backpack, lol... I will have to have a look at your set!

Anonymous said...

hey, i heard ur not at bethany any more. glad to hear you had a great xmas though.

Anonymous said...

Hey there - I loved seeing your pictures and reading your thoughts. Have a great day!
~ Heidi Duch :o)