For those of you who don't know, I have a new job. I am working at the Saskatoon airport as a Customer Service Agent for three different "sun destination" companies (Skyservice, Sunwing & Aeromexico). If you plan on going on a holiday this winter, I will probably be there to check you in and make sure you get on the right plane!
I am thoroughly enjoying myself at the airport! I get to make airport announcments, radio pilots, drive those little bridge things up against the plane so the passengers can disembark without walking outside... plus, I get to go home after my shift and not think about work until I go in again!
I will admit to one "downside" (although I don't really mind because I have time to work around this). The shifts I have to work are usually very late (10pm-1am) or extremely early (240am-820am). Starting wednesday, my life consists of work, sleep and eat. I hardly have time to shower...
I realized that living in the city, in an apartment building and having to sleep during the day has proved very difficult. Luckily, my dad gave me earplugs when I first moved here. Shortly after moving into this apt, I noticed that we are right in the path to the airport. I hear A LOT of planes flying very low overhead (and every Saturday morning 2 F-18's touch down at the S'toon airport and they always have to fly very low over my apt).
Recently, I decided that I needed a sleep mask. I checked some stores and, being frugal (for once) decided that paying $6 for one was too much. So, I made one myself:
It works pretty good, even though it's the ugliest thing I've ever seen. So yesterday, I caved and bought a new mask for $5.93. I am surprised at the difference. This new one fits to my eyes like a second skin (or like a second pair of eyelids?). For the first time ever, I slept from 7am (when I got home from my shift) until 3pm... that's a full 8-hours' sleep!
Needless to say, my $6 investment has paid for itself already.
2 comments:
I can't believe this shifts that you have to work. It must have taken some getting used to.
Your homemade sleeping mask wasn't pretty but who cares, you're asleep in your room, alone. But I'm sure the new is a 100 times better!
Lol, very creative! I saw some pretty ones at the mall with pretend eye lids and lashes! Could pick one up next time for you? LOL! Glad to have you in the city and hope we can work around your schedule more to get visiting in:)
Post a Comment