Saturday, March 22, 2008

MY TRIP

Yes. I'm back from my wonderful trip to the Dominican Republic. It was so fantastic!! I'll post some more pictures soon.
Most of the time we sat around the pool or at the beach soaking up the sun, but occasionally we went walking down or up the beach. There was a little town, El Corticito, a little ways up from our resort. It was a cute little, sea-food smelly, friendly town. The second time we went, we ate supper there (ordered from a menu completely in Spanish.. that was interesting) and then decided to take a taxi back instead of walking back down the beach in the dark. We went to the taxi stand and were ushered into a van.. that didn't start! I thought maybe we would just get into a different vehicle, but no, we needed to take that one. They finally got it started and about 3 minutes down the road, the dash started smoking and our headlights went out. I thought then, that we would pull over and another taxi would come and take us back to the resort. Not so! We drove down the busy and sometimes very very dark highway without headlights, laughing hysterically to ease the tension. The taxi driver kept talking in Spanish (I think trying to assure us). All in all it was a very funny trip. I would do it again!

1 comment:

Mac an Rothaich said...

YAHOOOO! Your back!... Missed you just a little, lol! Sure hope you have your cocktail dress in order and can come tonight!