Tuesday, December 11, 2007

MY BUSY DAY


It was a busy busy day in the office today. There are so many things to do before Christmas gets here and now that I have a few days in the office, I am torn between catching up on all the things I need to organize from trips-past and looking forward to planning trips-future. Luckily, there are no trips-present so I should be able to manage and balance all that is on my plate.

Sometimes things get a little difficult in the office for one of my stature. I usually get a lot of help from my trusty assistant, but when I am the one responsible for all the work that gets done in this office, sometimes the responsibility almost crushes me. I took a few self-portraits for you so you can get an idea of the kind of work-space I have to rush around in.

It seems unlikely that someone without opposable thumbs created the devices that surround my work space. I think I'm going to have to download some voice recognition software for my new laptop. My paws just don't fit on the keys and my assistant sometimes creates her own documents and puts my name on them. I am not always impressed with my assistant. I've considered replacing her but I hate interviewing people. My options are limited.

I managed to get in a coffee break in the early morning. My assistant does seem to be good at brewing coffee. Maybe I'll keep her. However, it wasn't long before I had to get back to work.

Today there seemed to be no end to the phone calls. I'm a very busy bear. I stapled. I typed. I phoned. I even lint-brushed myself. My assistant has a cat and the hair gets all over everything. How unprofessional!

So I'm working late tonight. I'm hoping to finish soon, but sometimes there are obstacles that come up that I just can't anticipate. Have a great evening. I'll check in again soon.

6 comments:

Stacey Sparshu Miller said...

Oh man, I love it! Makes me smile!

Anonymous said...

Wow, okay I laughed out loud...especially the lint brush shot.

You never mentioned your boss was so cute!

Heather said...

You seem to be very productive for someone who has no opposible thumbs. It's good to know that Bethany doesn't discriminate based on hairiness...or species...

Heather said...

Sheryl, it occurs to me that while you are trying to impress your readers with all the productive things you do in a day, what you're REALLY doing is arranging a stuffed bear in different positions in your office and taking digital photos of it. (or did you do that after hours?) Either way...well...you sure are cute. (But does your boss...your REAL boss...know that this is how you spend your work time??)

Sheryl said...

just so you (and my boss) know.. I DID do this after hours. I would just feel silly if someone caught me doing that in my office during work time....

Kelly said...

to assistant: I'd like to try your coffee. Is it better than the swill in the staff lounge?
to bear: Good luck with your assistant. she seems like she'll be okay with some affirmation and patience.