Tuesday, September 14, 2010

We've been discussing the 100 mile diet in the staff room this week. It's getting me thinking more about what I "cheat" on and what I actually do buy locally. I don't think I'd ever be able to go strictly 100 mile diet - how would I get orange juice, salt, chocolate and coffee? However, I should try and make sure that I buy what I can locally - veggies in the summer, meat, flour, bread, etc. It seems a lot of the staples of food can be bought locally and it's just a matter of figuring out where to go to get these things.

Check this out:

1 comment:

Mac an Rothaich said...

Cool isn't it! We love the concept behind the idea and try to be responsible and support local producers. I just bought a book called 'Prairie Feast' by Amy Jo Ehman, she is from my city and it is all about eating local right where I am so that is exciting! She also has a blog

http://homefordinner.blogspot.com/

It is pretty exciting to have someone already done a lot of the research for you!