Friday, August 27, 2010

World Aware

This is definitely the weakest point in my summer "mission". For some reason, though I usually have all day to read headlines online or go to the free newspaper subscription that I get from my school, I don't. I'm more likely to stare at my Facebook profile and wonder why no one is commenting on my clever status's than read about what's going on around me.

I do have a few go-to's:
I like reading her blog because Kelly, besides being a great friend to me, works and lives in an intentional community in downtown Winnipeg (http://winnipegcentrevineyard.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22&Itemid=27)

Belinda at the Ellice Cafe & Theatre (http://www.ellicecalendar.com/). I'm part of the facebook group and get lots of updates on what is happening there. The Ellice Cafe is a cute, trendy looking cafe in downtown Winnipeg. It belongs to New Life Ministries (http://newlifewinnipeg.com/) and offers some unique things to the community there. I actually get most of my "awareness" of that community from Belinda's facebook statuses! I know... I'm very active with this...

1 comment:

Karis Brandes said...

This sounds SO much like me. I want to know what's going on in the world, but I sit on facebook instead of opening a new tab and going to the globe and mail website... sigh