Sunday, August 29, 2010

Work starts up again tomorrow. I admit that I am pretty excited to go back to work. I'm getting a little tired of "make work" projects at home. Sometimes this summer I've been so absolutely bored that the thought of having something to do from 8:30am to 4pm is like the prospect of eating a whole chocolate zucchini cake all by myself.

My one worry is my schedule. I've worked so hard at getting in a routine of exercise and I've spent a lot of time looking at recipes and shopping for deals... how will I ever do that whilst working?!

Take a look at this schedule and tell me where to fit in the exercise:

Monday
Take the bus at 8am
Work 8:30-4: arrive home at 4:30
Clean church

Tuesday
Take the bus at 8am
Work 8:30-4: arrive home at 4:30
Teach piano 5pm-6pm
Small Group hosted at my house

Wednesday
Take the bus at 8am
Work 8:30-4: arrive home at 4:30
Teach piano 5pm-6pm
Standing Date Night with Sister (Joanne)

Thursday
Take the bus at 8am
Work 8:30-4: arrive home at 4:30
Take bus to Zach's work
Get the car
Teach piano 6pm-7:30pm

Friday
Take the bus at 8am
Work 8:30-4: arrive home at 4:30
Date Night with Zach

I figure that to keep up with my exercise routine I'll have to wake up at 6am. I just checked and the sun only rises at 6:41am tomorrow (and rises 10 minutes LATER every week up until December 21st).

Does anyone out there run outside in the dark?

Yikes.

4 comments:

Mac an Rothaich said...

You could walk to work... or home from work, how far is it? The only way my husband fit in a work out was to bike to and from work year round.

Denita Dyck said...

Lunch hour?

Sheryl said...

Well.. I only get a 1/2 hour lunch break. I do get free access to the treadmills in the school gym, but I'm not sure I could fit that into the schedule.

Becky, I AM thinking pretty seriously about biking to work daily. That would also take some serious commitment - but I was thinking about jogging outside in the winter too, so what's the difference?!

Mac an Rothaich said...

Biking is faster, and more intimidating to bad guys and much easier on your body joints then jogging.