.jpg)
I'm feeling sorry for my blog. It doesn't get to see all the "BIG" events in my life anymore. Facebook has taken over! I'm certain that all of my "readers" (I have two, right? Kelly and Becky) are also on Facebook and so it seems really redundant to post here the things of life that I post to facebook - like Zach's and my first "hike" of spring. Pictures are on facebook if you want to see them.
I forgot to post on fb, though, about the wonderful potroast that I whipped up on Sunday. I also forgot to take pictures so Becky would see them and compliment me on my cooking skills. I made the roast in the slow cooker with my mom's simple recipe of 3/4 cup apple juice, 1 tsp cornstarch and 1 pkg onion soup mix. I covered the roast with cubed potatoes (not even peeled, just washed and cubed) and let it cook for 5 hours. Wow. It was amazing! A definate keeper! Next time, I'd add carrots too but I did cook up some buttered and salted beans on the side and that worked well.
I would also like to post here a bit of a brag fest over how my wedding planning is coming together. You can stop reading if you like, because it might get annoying, but I'm spewing it out anyway!
1. My dress was bought (long ago - January) for $400 and it fit PERFECTLY. No alterations needed.
2. I have a marvelous sister who does these marvelous flower arrangments for centre pieces and bouquets.
3. I found wedding shoes for $15 and they are everything I was looking for!
4. Our invitations were solely designed by my bro-in-law. They turned out beautifully and cost a total of $25...
5. I ordered my jewellery and hair piece online (etsy.com) and they are perfect.
6. Two people have already RSVPed (so I know for sure that I will have guests - thanks Kelly)
7. A friend of ours is making our wedding bands. They will be extra special that way.
8. Another friend of ours is making our wedding cake! It's going to be beautiful!
9. THREE of my close friends are coming out for the wedding from Saskatchewan and I am blown away that I would mean so much to them that they are coming all this way!
10.Our wedding venue is perfect and comfortable.
2. I have a marvelous sister who does these marvelous flower arrangments for centre pieces and bouquets.
3. I found wedding shoes for $15 and they are everything I was looking for!
4. Our invitations were solely designed by my bro-in-law. They turned out beautifully and cost a total of $25...
5. I ordered my jewellery and hair piece online (etsy.com) and they are perfect.
6. Two people have already RSVPed (so I know for sure that I will have guests - thanks Kelly)
7. A friend of ours is making our wedding bands. They will be extra special that way.
8. Another friend of ours is making our wedding cake! It's going to be beautiful!
9. THREE of my close friends are coming out for the wedding from Saskatchewan and I am blown away that I would mean so much to them that they are coming all this way!
10.Our wedding venue is perfect and comfortable.
I feel like all the wedding details are already worked out (food, venue, people helping with food stuff and decorations, wedding accessories..).
I never knew that planning a wedding would be so simple!
4 comments:
You have at least one reader who has refused to jump on the facebook bandwagon ... :)
I'm excited to hear that all your wedding stuff is coming together so well!
Lovely:)
I will have to have another look at that invite so I can officially r.s.v.p.
That roast sounds yummy, I will have to try apple juice next time!
ok whoa what?????
you're getting married???
where have i been??
Post a Comment