Sunday, April 06, 2008

BRANDON WINTER FAIR

I don't know when it was the last time I attended the Brandon Winter fair. I think it used to fall on the same week as our school spring break and my family would trek out there to take it all in. I remember getting a white and pink starched cowboy hat there with a feather band. I also remember mini donuts and fair food. Of course, the best part though, is the horse jumping and the 8 horse hitches! I spent this year's final fair day with my cousins, Brent, Blaine and Darren, my uncle Phil and grandpa. Here is a taste of the 2008 Brandon Winter Fair :)
Brent and Darren and some sheep
Brent standing under the Kubota sign
Darren in a Kubota tractor.. I didn't even know Kubota existed until the Brandon Fair. What a sheltered life I live...
The Super Dog Show (for Lisa)
This was Tommie Tervie (I think that's his name). He had trained his horse to do some pretty incredible tricks (like rolling over and balancing upside down)

3 comments:

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Silly girl...camp has a Kubota are you sure you didn't know they existed?? You did work here!! Anyways just teasing, glad you had fun! Miss you already.

Melanie said...

I well remember the Brandon Winter Fair. I used to despise the thought of going because my dad had a booth set up for his business and it was BORING. Now I want to go but we just never get the days off to make it happen.

That's pretty wierd and awesome to hear of the horse that does tricks. Makes me wonder if he thinks he's a dog...

Heather said...

I'm so jealous that you got to go to the fair! And I totally remember those starched pink and green hats you and Jo bought back in the day. I was jealous of those, too.